A&A. Make Ltd as an owner of Nightset is registered as a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998.
1. Information We Collect from you
We may store the information you submit to or through the App, as well as information we collect in connection with your use of the App.
We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide the App's functionality, improve the App's quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the App, potentially provide feedback to businesses that are listed on the App, display relevant advertising, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the App, and comply with legal obligations.
- Information: When you create an account on Nightset, the types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday, other usernames, personal description, location, use information regarding your use of our Services, and browser information.
In connection with an account sign in facility, we shall collect your password and log-in details. Your first name and last initial, chosen nickname as well as any photo you submit through the registration process, will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. You can modify some of the information associated with your account. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal.
- Public Content: The information that you post to the App is intended for public consumption, including your live ratings, reviews, photos, check-ins, going-to, comments, likes, friends, lists, compliments, and account profile etc. According to your preferences, some features can be adjusted to Private Mode available to your friends only. In-app messenger and Catch function shall be for private use only and not publicly displayed.
- Contacts:You can invite your friends to join the App by providing their contact information, or by allowing us to use your address book from your computer, mobile device, or other sites. If you invite a friend to join and connect with you on the App, we may transmit your friend's contact information to Nightset long enough to process your requests.
- Communications:When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive emails from other Nightset users, businesses, and Nightset itself. You can manage your email preferences, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from Nightset. If you exchange messages with others through the App, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the App. If you send information from the App to your phone via SMS text message, we may log your phone number, phone carrier, and the date and time that the message was processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive.
We also store communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the App or its content.
- App Activity:We may store information about your use of the App, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, and the businesses you call using our mobile applications. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the App, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
- Analytics Information:We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
- Metadata:Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted. Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other's APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
- Other Technologies:We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our App and to deliver or communicate with cookies. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer users, to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities. Nightset uses this confirmation to help us make emails more interesting and helpful and improve our service.
- Cookies and Use of Cookie Data:When you visit our App, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our App and to personalize your experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your activity on our App, such as the pages you visit, the time and date of your visits and the links you click. If we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our App to show you Nightset advertisements on other sites or applications. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the site you may not be able to take full advantage of the App if you do so.
- Information collected by third-parties for advertising purposes:We may allow service providers, advertising companies and ad networks, and other third parties to display advertisements on our Service. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. We do not provide any non-anonymized personal information to third parties. Some of these third- party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org). Opting out will not decrease the number of advertisements you see.
- Your Check-in History:Each of your check-ins using the App is saved to your "Check-in History," which allows you and your friends to look back at all the locations you have checked in since you created your App account. You can delete any or all of your check-ins from the check-in details page on our website and in the apps. If for some reason you ever decide to delete your App account, your entire check-in history will be removed from our database.
Nightset allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the Services by visiting the user settings page. This list will change as our Service changes.
- Password (optional)
- Name (optional)
- Date of birth (optional)
- Email address (optional)
- Other User profile information (for example, home city, photo)
- Usage information (for example, check-in history)
If you have questions about the Personal Information we have collected from you, you can email email@example.com.
3. Use of Personal Information
- Friends on Nightset: Your friends can see, for example, your location (as described in more detail below), name, email, phone number, profile photo, hometown, a list of your friends, plans you write or comment on, photos you post, reviews you write, live ratings you post, check-ins, going to function, after party mode, traffic light in the check-out function and which Nightset Services you use. Individuals reading this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in comments, plans or tips or other content (location or otherwise) that you create in the App.
- Catches: If you swipe right to say "yes" in the Check-out function to a person, you will be able to chat with that person if they swipe right to you, i.e., when you "catch" someone. If you chat with your catch, she/he will see the content of your chat.
- Businesses, Locations, Events and Brands: One of the key purposes of the App is to help users learn about businesses, locations, events and brands (e.g. clubs in the city of your choice and their initiatives) that are relevant to them, and for these entities to provide information about themselves, their locations and events to users, as well as to reward users when they visit their location or event through offers and specials, once applicable. When you visit to a particular location that is a 'claimed location' your visits are shared with that location in order for it to better provide services to you. Additionally, brands may have access to aggregated and anonymous data, such as de-identified data about places that its followers visit (that is, not tied to individual users).
- Publicly Available Information, the Nightset API, and Apps: When you use the App, certain information is public, such as your public user profile information, ratings, likes, reviews, public photos, mayorships, public check-ins, public-going to, and lists of friends, and may be searchable by search engines and be shared with or disclosed to third parties, including through our API to a wide range of users and services. We may also share or disclose aggregated and anonymous data, such as de-identified check-in data (that is, not tied to individual users), to third parties, including users you may follow and users of our API, for analytical or other purposes.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information.
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Nightset (or the group of companies of which Nightset is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Nightset is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.
We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the App, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile settings.
Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
If you remove information that you posted to the App, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using the Nightset API have copied or saved that information.
4. Change of Control
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions we operate in, where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
5. Termination and Deactivation of the Account
Following termination or deactivation of your account, Nightset, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. Services Features
Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the App, that information may be available to the wider App community, or may be published on our Sites, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
7. External Links
The App may from time to time contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Your Nightset Account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Nightset endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, Nightset cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
8. Storage of your Information and deletion of your Account
Information that you submit via the App is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom and United States of America. This is necessary in order to process the information. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to the countries outside the European Economic Area and United States of America and may be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area. Please acknowledge that as a result, European Union and United States of America governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the European Union. By submitting information via the App, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer outside of your home country, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
Should you ever decide to delete your App account, you may do so by clicking on the "delete account" link on your account settings page. If you terminate your account, your profile and personal information, including your check-in history, your User Submissions (as defined in Nightset's Terms of Service) and any promotional offers you received, will be removed from the site and deleted from Nightset's servers. User content such as comments, check-ins etc. will be still publicly available. Because of the way we maintain Nightset, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media within commercially reasonable timeframe.
9. Your Rights
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended on April 1st 2016.For your reference, you have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
10. Third Parties’ Rights
11. Age Limitations and Privacy
Although our Service is a general audience Service, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 18.
13. Public Information
When you create an account on Nightset, the following is viewable to the public. Note that some elements are optional or can be edited.
- Your name: You can edit your name by going to your app profile settings. To use Nightset, you only need to provide a first name.
- Profile photo: Your profile photo and the link to your profile page are viewable by the public. You may choose not to upload a profile photo to your account (or you may upload an avatar in place of a photo of yourself), In your profile you can change your profile photo.
- Home city: Your home city is viewable by the public. You are not required to include your home city upon signup and you can edit your home city in the settings found in the main app menu.
- Your description: Your description is viewable by the public, but including it is completely optional. To add, change, or remove your bio, go to your app profile settings.
- Reviews and Rating: All reviews that you write and ratings you give will be viewable by the public. Please keep this in mind whenever you choose to leave a review or rating!
- Likes: Likes and comments are public. When you like a check-in, tip, etc., other people on Nightset who can see that particular piece of content can also see that you've liked it.
- Photos: When you add a photo to the party feed you can decide whether it is private (available to friends only) or public.
- Check-ins and comments: It is optional whether you wish to post check-in and leave a comment for public or private use.
- Catch: Please bear in mind that via posting any information on Nightset either public or private, your in-App activity will be recognized, consequently your presence on the App will be visible to the public in the "Catch" function. However, you can set "red light" to indicate that you are not interested in chatting to people.
- Your Age: Providing information on Age is optional. If you decide to do it, it will be available to public.
- Your Gender: Your gender is publicly available.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.